Laura Lee's Nudie Patootie Palette | Review

May 21, 2018


            Youtuber Laura Lee just released her second eyeshadow palette called ‘Nudie Patootie’ and it has quickly become a must have for those who are into makeup. But, is it worth all the hype and the price? Let me start out by saying I absolutely love Laura Lee, but I am going to keep this review as non bias as possible. She really is one of my favorite Youtubers and I really want her to succeed. As much as I love Laura and I support her makeup products, I did have three complaints about this palette.

The first complaint is the palette came broken. One shadow, named Au Naturale, came all cracked. I did contact customer service, but I was a little eh with their response. They said they would happily send me a new palette, but then proceeded to say that this shade was one of the three shades that is considered to be creamy. They made it seem like it was almost normal for this shade to come cracked. I did include photos of the box that it arrived in which was badly beat up as well. And even though they did mention they would replace it, I never heard from them again nor did I receive that replacement palette. But it was okay. I pushed the shade back into the container to the best of my ability. But, it was one of those situations where the product didn’t come the way you expect and you get a little disappointed. And then that disappointment kind of made me like the palette a little less. I couldn’t look at it the same way with the same excitement that I once had when I bought and waited for it to arrive.

The second complaint is more of a personal preference. At the time that I bought this palette, I also bought her Cat’s Pajamas palette. I swatched both palettes and played around with them, and I must say I liked the formula of the eyeshadows from the Cat’s Pajamas palette more. I know a lot of people complained about the formula of this palette and I do not understand why I do like it, like I said it is a personal preference. I think that if you disliked the formula of the Cat’s Pajamas palette then you will like the Nudie Patootie palette. The final thing I disliked was that there were two or three shades that are very similar, and I feel like she could have included one or the other and that way she could have added a different shade just to give some more variety.

Now that we finished with the negative opinions on this palette, lets talk about some of the things I did like about this palette. The first thing being the names. I am a sucker for cute names on any products whether it is makeup or nail polish, and these names killed the game. They all went along with the nude theme and some of them were very creative.

The second thing I love is these eyeshadows are very pigmented. I might not have liked the creamy formula, but I cannot deny that the pigment is really good. You don’t need a lot of product to get the color on you eyelids. The glittery shades are also my favorite, they are very beautiful, and they also differ from other glittery shades that I have tried in other palettes.
The third, and final favorite of mine is the price for the amount of shades. Laura Lee’s other palette had 10 shades for $40 while this palette has 14 shades for $45. So, you get four shades for five more dollars. Too Faced is my favorite brand so I compare all makeup prices to theirs. The Just peachy palette contains 12 shades for $45. So, you’re getting two more shades for the same price as a Too Faced palette.

Overall, I did like this palette and I would encourage you to buy it if you feel these colors compliment your skin tone. If you tried Laura Lee’s last palette and you weren’t too thrilled about the formula, then I would recommend you give this one a try. However, if you did like the last formula, I would just suggest to prepare for the formula to not be the same.