Bondi Sands Self Tanning Review!

July 3, 2018


I’m so excited for this blog post because not only has this been in the works for three weeks, but I am very happy with the results of the products and wanted to share! I found Bondi Sands through a Youtuber named Dani Mansutti back in 2015. I tried their products back then, but I was not very good at applying the product and quickly gave up on self-tanning. Three years later, here I am not only using Bondi Sands but loving them as well.

I have very fair skin, my foundation shade is literally called fair porcelain, so it is no surprise that I have been looking into tanning especially during the summer months because once that sun hits me my skin is glowing and blinding everyone within a mile radius.  I know the dangers of tanning beds so I can honestly say I have never been in one. I also do not like the sun, and usually when I sunbathe I burn within minutes and then kind of suffer for a week or two until that burn turns into a light tan. So, I decided to try self-tanning, again.

From Bondi Sands, I picked up the self-tanning foam in the color light/medium and dark. I also picked up the everyday gradual tanning lotion because I read a lot of great things about it, and it is supposed to prolong the time that the tan lasts. 

No Tan:


Light/Medium Tan:

The first product I tried was the light/medium tan. I applied about four pumps to my leg past my knee, and then applied four pumps to my thigh. At the very end, I lightly covered my knee with whatever was left on the mitt. The knees and ankles tan very easily and can come out darker than the rest of your leg so I made sure to be very light with the product in these areas.

The end result was a nice and light tan. I did not tan my feet so you can see the difference in color, but you can also see that the difference is not too dramatic. The tan looks very natural, and there was never any orange tint or anything like that. I think this looks amazing on my skin and would recommend if you want a subtle tan. This lasted 6-7 days on me.


Dark Tan:

The second product I used was the dark tan. I used the same method/amount when applying the product. In the end I did like it, but it seemed very similar to the tan I got with the light/medium foam. It did give me a little bit more of a bronze tone than the light/medium foam had. This one looked more golden and sun kissed. That being said, even though I had a slight golden tone, it never looked orange or unnatural. 


Dark Tan (Pt 2):

 Since I didn’t see much of a difference between the two products, I decided to apply the dark tan again the following day in order to have a darker tan. I read on their website that you can reapply to darken your tan, and I wanted to see if this would work or if it would give me the same color or a lightly darker color.

I LOVED the end result of this round. My legs looked so much darker compared to my normal color while still looking natural as if I had just gotten a tan at the beach that day. This was probably my favorite outcome so far. I liked the fact that this tan, unlike the others, wasn’t so subtle. There was no mistaking that I got a tan this time. 


Dark Tan (Pt 3):

Okay, so at this point I was just having fun with self-tanning and started experimenting. I wanted to see just how dark I could get now that I knew for a fact that each reapplication would darken my tan. The end results on this round were a little more dramatic than any of the others. With the light/medium and the first round of the dark, the tan was very subtle. If you didn’t know how white I was previously, then you might just mistake this tan for my natural skin color or that I had been laying by the pool for a few hours. With the second round of the dark tan, it was darker but still dramatic. However it was very noticeable that I got a tan. With this third, and final, round not only could you tell I got a tan, but I was very golden. It did not yet look orange, however I suspect that if I were to do a fourth round I may look a little orange, but it was a lot deeper color. This round STILL looked natural, however I wouldn’t be surprised if someone thought it was fake just because this round was a tad more streaky/patchy mostly around my feet and knees. I believe the third application made me look like I had been on vacation at the beach for a week. This tan did last a good 10-12 days on me as well, probably because of all the applications!


Everyday Gradual Tanning Lotion:
The everyday gradual tanning lotion I think really helped. Every time I applied it on top of my tan, which was morning and night, it made my tan glow and shine. This effect was very pretty and was different than if I had just applied any other lotion. I do think my tans lasted probably a day or two longer and faded better when I used this product.

Overall, I really did enjoy the Bondi Sands products and I have already placed a second order which should tell you something. The application process may be a little annoying, especially if you are a perfectionist like me, but I think it was worth it for the results I got and I am definitely using these products again! I see myself using mostly 2 or 3 applications of the dark tan foam in the future.