Too Faced Gingerbread Spice Eye Shadow Palette | Review

January 15, 2019

 
  
Let me just start by saying that this palette has quickly become one of my favorite palettes I have ever owned. There may be two or three shades I’m not completely obsessed with, but, overall, I have fallen head over heels for this palette. Also, an added bonus is the fact that the names of each of the shades are so cute.

This palette contains a lot of pinks, reds, and browns which are my go to shades for when I am doing my everyday eye shadow looks. I feel like this palette is exactly what I would create if I put all of my favorite shades together in one container. They’re all warm toned and very pigmented. I think my favorite shade in this palette is the one titled ‘Hot Toddy’. It is like the most perfect blend of purple and pink and very sparkly.

There are, however, two things I wasn’t thrilled about with this palette. First, when I was swatching I quickly found that ‘Frostbite Me’ was not going to work for me. It is the only shade that has a gritty texture (the rest of the shades are super smooth, soft, and blend easily) and the color was not very pigmented. It wasn’t what I was expecting when looking at the palette. The second thing I wasn’t very thrilled about was there were about five brown shades that were very similar. I think I could have done with maybe three and then added some other shades, but each of the brown shades can be used differently so I do like that.

Overall, I would 100% recommend this palette to anyone, especially if you are looking for a palette full of warm tones. I also think that this palette would be great for someone just starting to use makeup. These shades are probably my most used and they are also what I wish I had when I first started using makeup.