My 2018 Skincare Routine

August 14, 2018

 Finding a skincare routine can be a stressful and daunting process. For me, my skin is not prone to acne unless I have been constantly touching my face, but that does not mean that I don’t ever have acne. My skin type is combination, and my biggest struggle is that my forehead becomes really oily throughout the day while the skin around my mouth becomes so dry that it is painful to talk or open my mouth wide. I believe that I have mastered the perfect skincare routine for me. I will probably change some products in the future, but as of right now my skin has been loving this routine.



Morning.
Products Used:
-        CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
-        Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner
-        CeraVe Facial Moiturizing lotion
-        Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater
-        Neutrogena Sport Face Sunblock Lotion

Step One : The first thing I will do is cleanse my face using the CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. I will use my Real Techniques cleansing sponge to help exfoliate my skin. I don’t like to use my hands to clean my face mostly because I make a mess all over my sink. The sponge not only exfoliates but helps calms down the puddles of water around my sink.

Step Two : The next thing I will do is apply the Botanics All Bright Cleansing toner with a cotton ball all over my face. I do focus on my forehead specifically, but I still apply it everywhere. I also like to fan my face with my hands after applying the toner because it feels like a really small light breeze.

Step Three : This step revolves around moisturizer and is broken down into two parts. The first is squirting a small amount of the CeraVe Facial Moisturizing lotion onto my hand, and then I will dab what I have on the sides of my mouth. The second step is I will squirt a little more, rub my hands together, and then apply what is left on my hands all over my face. It is important even if you have oily skin to still moisturize, however, you don’t want to just a large amount because of the oily skin situation.

Step Four : I will spray the Mario Badescu Facial Spray all over my face. I am not sure if this actually helps my skin or not, but it smells amazing and feels even better when it is be applied. I have also heard a ton of great reviews of this product.


Step Five: The final step is all about sunscreen. Growing up, my mom always said, “the sun is not your friend.” And she was right, for the most part. The sun is not a friend to your face at least. Not only can you burn or tan your face while walking outside in the summer, especially in Texas, but the sun ages your skin as well. We want to prevent that from happening for as long as possible. I make sure my face is completely dry from step four, and then I will add the Neutrogena Sport Face Sunblock lotion all over my face. 


Night.
Products Used:
-        Philosophy Micro Delivery Exfoliating Facial Wash
-        Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner
-        Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer
-        Nivia Soft Moisturizing Crème
-        Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater

Step One : My nighttime skin routine kicks off with me cleansing my face with the Philosophy Micro Delivery Exfoliating Facial Wash, and I will use my Olay Facial Cleanser brush to help exfoliate. I have used this cleanser brush for years now, and it is still one of my favorites today. One of the reasons I love this brush so much is because the brush end comes off and you can buy replacements for the brush head rather than having to throw away the entire brush.

Step Two : This step is identical to step two in my morning skin routine! What I will do is apply the Botanics All Bright Cleansing toner with a cotton ball all over my face. I do focus on my forehead specifically, but I still apply it everywhere. I also like to fan my face with my hands after applying the toner because it feels like a really small light breeze.

Step Three : I use such a tiny amount of the Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer to dab around my mouth. I love how this moisturizer feels, it is so smooth and thin that it almost feels like I am applying a light coat of water to my face. It doesn’t have a sticky consistency like many other moisturizers do.

Step Four : The next thing I will do is add the Nivea Moisturizing Crème all over my face. In the morning I put a very generous amount on, but at night I will use a little more. I don’t mind the dewy finish it gives since I will be about to go to bed, and the best part is my skin feels so soft and amazing when I wake up the following morning.


Step Five : This step is identical to step four in my morning skin routine! I will spray the Mario Badescu Facial Spray all over my face. I am not sure if this actually helps my skin or not, but it smells amazing and feels even better when it is be applied.


Special Occasion / Pampering Products.
Products Used:
-        Ulta Beauty Charcoal Nose Strips
-        Boscia Charcoal Pore Pudding
-        Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
-        Olehenriksen Hygge HydraClay Detox Mask

I have the Sephora Play subscription so I get sent a ton of mini masks to try, and these are a few of my favorite. I will typically use a mask every Sunday. If my skin is acting up I will usually use a mask that Wednesday as well, but I try to keep the masks at maximum two times a week.


CeraVe Renewing SA Lotion.
This is not a face skincare product, but it is a skincare product I use every single day, morning and night. I use it on my upper arms because I have Keratosis Pilaris. I will admit I have not found a way to get over this just quite yet, but my dermatologist suggested I buy a lotion with ‘SA’ labeled on it. She specifically said this one as well so that’s why I chose the CeraVe lotion. I do think I am going to be looking into other remedies, but for now this is what I use. It doesn’t take it completely away but it does calm it down.